Dear ZAGBA Members,
As we all know, the 12th World Zoroastrian Congress (WZC) 2022 will be held in New York City and, being the neighboring association, we hope that we can get involved and help WZC and FEZANA during this major world event. WZC 2022’s theme, “Bridging the Global Zarathushti Existence,” aims to strengthen connections, concepts, and ideas, and build bridges for the next generations. One of the initiatives is to help the youth from outside of U.S to attend the congress.
WHAT IS ZYAB?
· The Zoroastrian Youth Across Borders (ZYAB) program proposes to bring young Zarathushtis (ages 18-25) from around the world to attend the 12th World Zoroastrian Congress (WZC) 2022 in New York City. It seeks to empower our youth to engage actively with the global Zarathushti community.
· Facilitate the attendance of Zarathushti youth at the WZC 2022 prioritizing young Zarathushtis who would not be able to attend due to economic circumstances.
· The ZYAB Program will finance in total, the travel costs, registration, and hotel costs of the youth for the duration of the Congress. In addition, it may provide them a chance to visit neighboring cities of Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., in collaboration with Zoroastrian Associations in those cities.
HOW CAN ZAGBA HELP?
· ZYAB is asking for ZAGBA’s help to host the 25-30 youth who are part of this program. This means that ZAGBA will need to take responsibility to arrange for accommodations, food, and tours for this group.
· As a community, we have not undertaken an event of this magnitude and without the community’s support we will not be able to undertake and organize this event for these youth who will be visiting U.S. and attending the congress.
· The Board would like to organize this event, but we need volunteers from the community to perhaps host some youth (we will also look into hostel/dormitory-style housing) or take some time to show them Boston (duck tour, walking tour, see Cambridge, etc.) and work in shifts. Details will need to be planned out, but we don’t expect volunteers to take full days off.
· We have discussed with FEZANA uncertainties related to the pandemic and how life will look next summer. All public health guidelines will be followed, and contingencies will be put in place.
· Tentative Dates: July 11–14, 2022 (Monday to Thursday) for the youth to be in Boston
WHAT ARE WE ASKING YOU TO DO NOW?
· In order for us to gauge if we can undertake this effort, at this time, all we are doing is asking the community if you support this program. Please let us know if you can support this program by responding “Yes, I support ZAGBA working with FEZANA and the Zoroastrian Youth Across Borders program after WZC 2022. I look forward to learning more and brainstorming how to make this event a success.”
· Please respond by midnight on Sunday, April 17, 2022 (the program requires a response from neighboring associations)