2022 Annual Harvard Interfaith Meal-Packaging Service Project
We’re back! After a two-year hiatus, it’s that time of the year, where ZAGBA joins forces with the Harvard Chaplains and works side by side with religious and non-religious communities to pack thousands of meal boxes for the Interfaith Meal-Packaging Service Project! This is a community service event for all family members, so to families with younger children, this is a great way to show your kids how to give back to your community.
This year, we will be packing 35,000 nutritious meals total for local organizations who help the 10% of Massachusetts households who struggle to provide food for their families. The total fundraising amount needed is $12,250 (35 cents per meal) to make this event a success. We need your help hitting this goal! Thank you for your generosity — and we look forward to seeing you there! Note: You don’t have to donate to participate! Your time is valuable. And if you can’t make it, consider donating and spreading the word.
Google form sign-up online at https://tinyurl.com/harvard-meal-packing-2022
WHEN AND WHERE
· Date: Saturday, December 10, 2022
· Time: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
· Location: 59 Shepard Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 (Student Organization Center at Hilles at Harvard)
- 11:00 am – 12:30 pm (set-up)
- 12:30 pm – 1:45 pm (meal packing)
- 1:45 pm – 3:00 pm (meal packing)
- 3:00 pm – 4:15 pm (meal packing)
- 4:15 pm – 5:30 pm (meal packing)
- 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm (meal packing)
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm (clean-up, overlapping with prior shift)
HOW TO GIVE
- ONLINE at endhungerne.org/#donate. In Notes section, please indicate: “Harvard event 12-10-22 MA”
- BY MAIL: Send checks to 93 Whiffletree Lane, Marshfield MA 02050 (checks payable to “The Outreach Program”), noting “Harvard event 12-10-22 MA” in the memo section.
ZAGBA pictures from 2018 and 2019 event!
Daryush D. Mehta, PhD (he/him)