Dear ZAGBA Family & Friends,
(PS: this email is lengthy, but please patiently read through it all to be fully informed. It contains relevant information.)
You will also find attached a PDF of this email, in case you want to print it out and read through it at your convenience
For the last several years, ZAGBA has been creating a unique FUNDRAISING and COMMUNITY-BUILDING CALENDAR with photographs and captions of members of our community and their extended families and friends on specific dates. By also listing ZAGBA, Zoroastrian, national and international holidays and observances along with Fasli and Shehenshahi dates, these have been calendars for all to use and great for gift-giving. Additional information about our religion along with meaningful quotes has made this calendar educational as well over the years. Besides the annual membership fee, the ZAGBA Calendar is our biggest single source of funds. It helps pay for (or subsidize) almost all ZAGBA activities. It is the funds that we raise from the calendar initiative that have helped us keep our membership fees the same for many years now, and also keep our event fees low. So please show your continued support for the calendar by purchasing spots and calendars.
Please support the April 2017-March 2018 Calendar:
1) COST OF SPOTS/DATES YOU RESERVE ON THE CALENDAR:
(A) Early Bird Special Cost (Discounted Cost for orders received by January 31st): Please reserve Calendar spots/dates for a $20 cost per Calendar spot. For this you must send in no later than January 31, 2017 the following information to ZAGBA: (i) our requests for the specific dates/spots, (ii) captions for each spot, (iii) high resolution digital photos and (iv) the number of Calendars you want to purchase. Additionally, for every 4 Calendar spots you buy before the January 31st deadline, you will get the 5th Calendar spot free. If you have to share your spot/date with someone else, the cost will be $15 for that spot.
(B) Cost after January 31, 2017: If you reserve the Calendar spots/dates after the January
31st deadline stated above, the cost of each spot/date will be $25 cost per Calendar spot. If you have to share your spot/date with someone else, the cost will be $15 for that spot.
The Final deadline for ALL submissions is February 28, 2017. Please note that there is no Early Bird Special rate for entries submitted after January 31, 2017.
2) SPREAD THE WORD: Please tell your extended friends and family about this project so that they too can participate if interested. Please forward this email to them.
3) TOPICS FOR THE SPOTS: Calendar spots in the past have been for birthdays, wedding anniversaries, in memory of loved ones, Navjote dates, special Calendar dates (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Grandparent’s Day), recognition of places (Atash Behrams), special Zoroastrian dates (Nowruz/Navroze, Pateti). We encourage you to be creative and also use less well-known holidays, events and observances (i.e. from other countries, United Nations Day, Friendship Day, Health-related, Peace-related, History-related dates, etc.).
4) MEANT FOR ALL: Consider reserving spots for every member of your family-your children, yourselves, your parents and grandparents, your pets, siblings, nieces and nephews, cousins and extended family and friends. It is a nice reminder of every one’s special dates and a unique gift for all that are included in it or know people who are part of it.
5) COST TO PURCHASE THE CALENDAR: Calendars are available for sale at $15 per Calendar, or you can buy 3 Calendars for $40. You must order your Calendar(s) in advance. You can pick up your Calendar(s) at the Nowruz/Navroze event on March 25, 2017.
Please send an email to email@example.com by January 31st, 2017 (if you want the benefit of the discounted cost), containing ALL of the following (Please send your orders by way of a new email and not by way of ‘Reply’ to this message or any other follow up messages)
1) Your requests for specific dates/spots.
2) Captions for each spot.
3) High resolution digital photos for each spot. If you want to use the same photograph that you submitted last year, please do let us know. We have it and can use it.
4) Number of calendars you would like to purchase (so we can print enough).
Please hold off on sending in any payments to ZAGBA for the Calendar spots and for the number of Calendars you order. We will let you know in a separate email when to send in your payments.
If you want to take advantage of the Early Bird Special pricing, please send in your spot requests/photos/captions/calendar orders as soon as possible, but no later than January 31st.
Please note that if you only send an email by Jan 31st to reserve your spot, but do not send your photos along, that will not be considered at Early Bird Pricing, we need all 1-4 above stated information to complete your entry.
If you cannot submit by the January 31st Early Bird deadline, then please send in your spot requests/photos/captions/calendar orders as soon as possible after this deadline, but no later than February 28, 2017, so that we can have this Calendar ready for our Nowruz/Navroze event in March 2017.
Thank you and look forward to your early responses.